Monday, December 3, 2012

Dazzling Butterflies



Mondays!! BLAH!  However, there is one good thing about Mondays..... MOJO sketches!!! YEAH!!!
So, I needed a birthday card for a very good friend of mine... Barb, if you are reading this STOP!  :)  However, for those of you that aren't named Barb, you may continue!

I decided to go out of my comfort zone and challenge myself by using some colors that I wouldn't normally choose.. So my first place to stop is to see what kind of DSP I have in my stash.  I decided to play with International Bazaar.  This particular DSP uses Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, and Pool Party.  


The sentiment is from the My Friend stamp set and I used "out of the box" technique.  To achieve this look, stamp an image, and lightly draw a pencil box around your image, making it smaller then your actual image and cut around those pieces which overhang your box.  Then erase your pencil lines!  Seriously, it's THAT easy!

Here is a close up of the butterflies.  You can see the Dazzling Details that I added to the wings, and the Shimmer mist that I added to the smaller butterflies.

Complete list of supplies used:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!!

Stampin Hugs!
Carol
  

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you used the butterflies for the corner elements! Lovely take on the sketch.

Nance Leedy said...

What a cool technique outside of the box--love it--and that is the perfect stamp for it. Great take on the sketch and I love the dazzle you added to the butterflies. Thanks for commenting on my blog...cheers!

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty! Love your butterflies. Tina R
Love u sissy

stampwithsandy said...

Such pretty colors and great glittery accents!